Music production 5 day intensive
This course is designed for people who are unable to commit to one of our music production courses or live outside of Hong Kong where traveling might be an issue. It is held on a one to one individual tuition basis where the course structure and timetable is flexible allowing you to study during the daytime, evening and weekends. You can attend the course for 5 or 10 consecutive days or spread it out over a longer period.
The course aims teach you the basics of music production and how to produce music in your preferred musical style. You will learn all about subjects such as creating basslines, making drum loops, song structures, soundcards, sampling, virtual instruments, recording as well as mixing techniques such as using compressors and gates.
This is a practical course that follows a hands on approach enabling the student to get involved in production process from day one which an essential ingredient of all our course. The course can also take the project led route where you can compose a polished song by the end of the course. This means you learn the skills needed to produce when you are creating.
You can also choose to spend the duration of the course concentrating on specific subjects such as recording and mixing. You can even base the course on working solely with software like Logic, Ableton. This course is also particularly suitable for people who are thinking of purchasing a home studio or computer but have yet to decide what soundcard, keyboard or software would be the most suitable for their needs. Our tutors and advisors are able to offer informed and impartial advice that will help you choose the best combination of hardware and software to suit your budget.
For further information regarding this or any other course please contact us at here and an advisor will be happy to assist you.
Snapshot of what you will learn during the course
– learn about cables, connectors, optimizing soundcards and integrating midi keyboards
– learn to trim and edit loops, samples, vocals and how to create radio edits and bootlegs
– creating drum loops, sound/drum libraries and the creative use of filters and time stretching
– the latest techniques, tips and tricks on how to successfully write drum parts, basslines and melodies
– learn to structure songs successfully by understanding tempo, beats, bars, verses and choruses
– learn bar by bar how songs are arranged and produced from the initial idea to the final recording
– learn about the different microphone types, placement, polar patterns and pre amplifiers
– using Logic / Ableton Live learn to record vocals and instruments such as guitars
– mix professionally using processors such as compressors, limiters, gates, filters, reverb, phasers and delays
– learn the basics of mastering to fine tune your mixes and then produce a final cd master
One to one HK$12,800 for 5 days
This course is currently only available on a one to one basis, therefore you are able to enrol at anytime.
COMMON QUESTIONS WITH ANSWERS
How long does the course last? you have the choice of doing it over 5 or more days but this is a custom course so we could extend it or shorten it to suit you.
Can I change the content of the course? yes you can, it’s your course and you decide what subjects you want to learn with expert guidance from our experienced tutors.
Can I bring my own computer or equipment? you are welcome to bring in your computer if it needs a bit of a debug! If you need help in using a particular piece of equipment you might have at home, you can bring it in and base some tuition around that unit.
Can I pay in installments? unfortunately we are unable to offer payment plans at present