DJ Production course 2 day
Our unique and exciting DJ production course is a combination of our DJ techniques and music production courses where you are able to learn the basics of both mixing and making tracks.
It’s an innovative course held on a one to one individual tuition basis where the course structure and timetable is flexible allowing you to study during the daytime, evening and weekends. You can attend the course for two consecutive days or spread it out over a longer period.
The course aims to teach you the basics of DJ’ing and music production in your preferred musical style and you will learn about subjects such as beat mixing, eq and filters, using samples, making drum loops, creating basslines, song structures, soundcards as well as using effects such as reverb and delay.
This is a practical course that follows a hands on approach enabling the student to get involved in DJ production process from day one which an essential ingredient of all our course. The course can also take the project led route where you can create or remix a song by the end of the course. This means you learn the skills needed to produce as you are creating.
You can also choose to spend the duration of the course concentrating on specific subjects such as music production or beat mixing. You can even base the course around working solely with software such as Traktor or Ableton.
This course is also particularly suitable for people who are thinking of purchasing a DJ production set up at home but have yet to decide what turntables, mixer, laptop, soundcard or software would be the most suitable for their needs. Our tutors and advisors are able to offer informed and impartial advice that will help you choose the best combination of hardware and software to suit your budget.
For further information regarding this or any other course please contact us at here and an advisor will be happy to assist you.
Snapshot of what you will learn during the course
– what equipment and software is used by the modern DJ such as turntables, mixers, laptops and headphones
– how to beat match, cueing and synchronizing two basic rhythms/beats together.
– blend one record into another in one seamless motion and using the faders, equalisers and filters
– learn to trim and edit loops, samples, vocals and create bootlegs
– learn to structure songs successfully by understanding tempo, beats, bars, verses and choruses
– using Ableton software learn the tips and tricks on how to successfully write drum parts, basslines and melodies
– making your set sound professional by using kill switches and applying effects such as reverbs and phasers
Mix CD production
– record and edit a mastered mix of your dj set using editing software such as Ableton.
1 day (5 hours) one to one HK$3250
2 day (10 hours) one to one HK$6300
2 day (10 hours) group course HK$4800
This course is currently only available on request basis, therefore you are able to enroll at anytime.
How long does the course last? The course lasts for just one or two days for the one to one version and two days for the group course.
What time of the day do I attend the course? the course starts at 13.00 and finishes around 18.00
Can I really learn that much in a single weekend? Yes you can, our crash courses are structured to be intensive yet informative and students gain a great deal of knowledge from them. We constantly monitor the content and delivery of all our courses and if they didn’t work we wouldn’t be running them!
Can I pay in installments? unfortunately we are unable to offer payment plans at present.
What’s next? if you would like to enroll, contact us at here and we will do the rest!