Music Production Hong Kong | Beginners
This Music Production Course is aimed at the entry-level student who has never set foot in a recording studio before and has little or no experience making music on a computer. The Music Production Course in Hong Kong will teach you how to produce music in any musical style. You will learn all about subjects such as creating basslines, making drum loops, song structures, soundcards, sampling, virtual instruments and studios as well as mixing techniques such as using compressors and gates.
Special Promotion: All students will receive a copy of the latest software plugin created by James Ting aka “Triggersoniq”
This is a practical course that follows a hands-on approach enabling the student to get involved in the production process from day one which an essential ingredient of our beginner’s course. You will be encouraged to write and record your music throughout the duration of the course.
Also included in the course is an introduction to the business side of music where you will learn about subjects such as copyright, royalties, and publishing which will aid you when you start to release your music.
If you decide to enroll on a one to one course the structure and timetable are flexible where you are able to study during the daytime, evening and weekends. You can attend the course for two half days or one long day per week, it is also possible to accelerate and complete the course in just 2 weeks.
This music production course is also particularly suitable for people who are thinking of purchasing a home studio or computer but have yet to decide what soundcard, keyboard or software would be the most suitable for their needs. Our tutors and advisors are able to offer informed and impartial advice that will help you choose the best combination of hardware and software to suit your budget.
For further information regarding this or any other course please contact us and an advisor will be happy to assist you.
Snapshot of the music production course
– learn about cables, connectors, patch bays and how virtual and hardware mixing desks works
Soundcards and MIDI
– understand how to optimize soundcards and integrate midi instruments and keyboards
Audio/ Sound editing
– learn to trim and edit loops, samples, vocals and how to create your own sampling instrument.
– using the functions and tools found in software production packages such as Logic Pro and Ableton Live
– creating your own sound libraries and the creative use of digital/analog synthesizers, drum machine, and sampler.
– creating drum loops, sound/drum libraries and the creative use of filters and time stretching
– learn to structure songs successfully by understanding tempo, beats, bars, verses and choruses
– tips and tricks on how to write drum parts, bass lines, melodies and hooks
– using Logic Pro and Ableton Live, learn to record vocals and instruments such as guitars
– understanding processors such as compressors, gates and parametric equalizers for mixing songs correctly
– creative use of plug-in effects processors such as filters, reverb, phasers, and delays to enhance final mixes
– learn the basics of mastering to fine tune your mixes and then produce a final cd master
– Even though this is a music production course in Hong Kong, we also cover the basics of how to release your music including copyright, royalties, and publishing
Course Fees ( 32 hours )
One to one: HK$18,700 per student
Group ( min. 3 Students ): HK$13,800 per student
You are able to enroll in this course at any time on a one to one basis.
How long does the course last? for one to one courses, the timetable is determined by the student where he/she picks the days/weeks that suits their lifestyle. For example, if you were to complete the course over the usual schedule it would take 8 weeks. but if you wanted to fast track the course it could be completed in as little as 2 weeks. Group course timetables are not as flexible and take 8 weeks to complete.
How many days? this is the students’ decision guided by our tutors (one to one course only). For example, most people attend the music production course for 2 days per week for 8 weeks but some people prefer to study for 1 long day per week for 8 weeks. Others prefer 2 long days for 4 weeks. Timetables are flexible and you are in control. If you would prefer to enroll in a group course you only attend the course for one day a week.
What time of the day do I attend the course? it is your decision, we have morning, afternoon and evening slots in our timetable, we are open 10am to 10pm Monday to Friday and 12-5pm on weekends.
Can I change the content of the music production course ? yes, you can, the outline above is simply a guide. It’s your course and you decide what subjects you want to learn with expert guidance from our experienced tutors (only available for one to one courses).
Can I pay in installments? unfortunately, we are unable to offer payment plans at present.
What’s next? if you would like to enroll, contact us at here and we will do the rest!